Grilled vegetable tart
We try to have at least once a week vegetarian dish for dinner. We introduced this tradition as a New Year’s resolution 2 years ago and we are still keeping in up. Three of my girl friends are vegetarian and they make amazing vegetarian dishes! They inspire me too incorporate more vegetarian food in our daily lives. I will try to share once a week a few of our favorites vegetarian dishes!
- Herb oil
- 2 minced fresh rosemary
- 4 minced fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Grilled vegetable tart
- 1 zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 mozzarella
- 2 sheets of pâte feuilletée (puff pastry)
- fresh basil and/or rucola
In a small bowl, add sliced garlic clove, minced fresh rosemary leaves and fresh thyme, and extra-virgin olive oil, mix well. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the red bell peppers in two, remove the seeds. Peel the red peppers with a peeler. Cut each halves in half.
- Cut the zucchini in 1 to 1.5 cm pieces. The zucchini doesn’t need to be peeled.
- Heat a grilling pan to very hot and grill the zucchini 30 sec. on each side. Set aside. Grill the pieces of red bell peppers. Red bell peppers cook slower, so let enough time to grill them. Set aside. Brush the herb oil on the grilled vegetables. Preheat oven to 180°C. On a floured work surface, roll the dough out into a round. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet (though if you line it with parchment paper, it will be easier to transfer it to a plate later). Spread the grilled vegetables evenly over the bottom of the dough, leaving a 3cm border. Fold the border over the filling, pleating the edge to make it fit. Brush crust with the remaining herb oil. Cut the mozzarella in small pieces and shingle it on top of the grilled vegetables. Bake the tart until the cheese is puffed and the tart is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with basil, drizzle with olive oil, let stand for 5 minutes, then slide the tart onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve hot with fresh rucola salad.